5 Things that Make Me Happy
Happiness. Feeling pleasure, satisfaction, or joy. A state of well-being and contentment. How many people today can say that they are truly happy? I don’t mean the kind of happy that you feel on those days when you wake up and manage to not stub your toe while heading to Wawa to find out that they have your favorite pumpkin spice coffee when you arrive, your work day goes smooth and quick, & before you know if you’re home and the kids already have their homework finished and your husband decides to take you out to dinner and give you the night off. No, not that kind. That’s superficial happiness. Temporary bliss. Tomorrow your dog might pee on your new Coach purse, or you might break a nail before you even leave the house, and then it’s all downhill from there. I’m talking about unshakable happiness. Joy, actually. The kind of happiness that doesn’t come and go, it stays with you, it is you. Joy that fills your heart, and although the storms may come, you will not be shaken, you will not be stirred. Yes, you’re allowed to pout, you can even cry, but at the end of the day you know where your joy comes from and you don’t let life get you down.
So, for this challenge, I’m asked to list 5 things that make me happy “right now”. I’m assuming that it’s referring to superficial things and not asking me to get super deep here, but whatever, I’m as deep as an ocean baby, so deal.
- My husband – He makes me happy most of the time, except for those times when he doesn’t. HA! That’s where love comes in! Love is caring for each other even when you’re angry. We are genuinely happy with one another, so even when we have disagreements like every married couple does, we work through them and become stronger!
- My kids – They make me happy most of the time too! Right now my daughter is too young to make me mad, and she’s just too darn squishy cute too! My son is at that age where he’s testing boundaries, and learning to talk back, although he’s mostly respectful and usually corrects himself quickly! I love spending time with them and watching them learn, play, and grow!
- Being a stay at home mommy – I love being able to devote myself fully to my husband, children, and home.
- Cooking/Baking – One of my favorite past times… I get such a thrill making stuff in the kitchen, and the best part is the faces of family & friends when they taste and love my creations!
- Blogging/Browsing Facebook/Pinterest/Internet in general – This is a given. It’s so relaxing and fun!